2020 Under 100
We are pleased to announce that the popular Under 100 Exhibition will take place this year, in spite of this unusual year with various restrictions caused by the covid pandemic. We will follow all safety protocols to ensure that everyone is safe. There will be some changes from previous years, more information about that to follow
Artists are invited to be part of the Lake Country Art Gallery’s largest show of the year! Submit your application now.
The Under 100 Exhibition is comprised of small, one of a kind, original artworks by Okanagan artists available for sale. The artworks will be approximately a total of 100 sq inches. Three-dimensional artworks will also be considered. This exhibition is an important fundraiser for the Lake Country Art Gallery.
The 11th annual Under 100 Exhibition will open on Friday, November 27 with a special preview event, then opening to the public Saturday November 28 continuing daily 9am-3pm until Monday December 21, 2020. Thursdays will be late opening each week throughout the exhibition.
For more information about special features that will take place as part of the Under 100 Exhibition 2020 stay tuned and check our newsletters in your email.
Step #1 Submission of Intent to Participate
You will need to submit the following information using our online application form (available below)
- Your contact details
- A short statement about your artwork (100 words maximum)
- A short bio about you the artist (100 words maximum)
- 3 sample images of your artwork sent in an email to Under100@lakecountryartgallery.ca images must be no larger than 2MB each
- Please name your image files as follows: yournametitlewidthxheight.jpg
Eg. If your name is Jim Smith and your sample art image is titled New Horizon and is 9 inches by 10 inches, then name that file JimSmithNewHorizon9x10in.jpg
Please note that the images you submit at this Step #1 do not have to be the same works you intend to submit for the actual exhibition. The images you supply for Step #1 are meant to demonstrate the quality of your work to the Jury Committee, and may also be used for promotions, or for information materials such as the brochure that will be on display during the exhibition.
Please note that the images that you send in Step #1 must be representative of the art work you plan to submit for the exhibition.
The deadline for submissions for Step#1 is October 3, 2020.
If you are accepted by the Jury at Step #1, you will be notified by email with instructions for the next step.
If you are accepted in Step #1 and move on to Step #2, the following notes apply:
• All submitted artworks must be new, and not have been exhibited in previous Under 100 shows.
• All artworks must be ready to hang, and ready for a customer to take home and hang. This means that submitting just pieces of paper will not be sufficient. All artworks on paper must be framed or mounted in some way.
• The dates for submission for Step #2 are November 19, 20, 21, and 22. You will be assigned an appointment day and time.
• Before you deliver your artworks to us on your appointment date, you must enter the details of that artwork into our inventory database. You do this by using the link which will be sent to you in your invitation email. The deadline for this by November 12th.
Any questions? Please contact Dr. Sharon McCoubrey at Sharon.firstname.lastname@example.org or at 250-864-2785.
Application Form for Step #1
Scroll down to fill all sections, and press 'submit' to complete the process