ART THROUGH the AGES - INTERGENERATIONAL EXHIBITION 2017
OPEN CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
March 1st - April 1st
Submission Drop-Off: February 23rd to February 25th at the ArtHouse
(ArtHouse is next to the Art Gallery on the South side)
Saturday February 25th @ 4pm
Description of the Exhibition:
Art Through the Ages - An Intergenerational Art Exhibition, is a public exhibition that will present work created through collaboration between two (or more) people of different generations. Inspired by the work of the i2i Intergenerational Society of Canada, this exhibition will take a new approach in welcoming children, youth and adults of all ages into the gallery.
RULES, REGS, REQUIREMENTS
• Artists are asked to submit 2D works at 12” x 12” OR 16” x 16” OR 24” x 24”- on paper, canvas, board, wood, illustration board, etc., in any medium - drawing, paintings, mixed media, collage, etc. OR 3D / Sculptures measuring 12 “ x 12” x 12” or smaller. For larger sculptural pieces please contact please contact the curator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Submitted artwork MUST be created through a collaboration between two or more people of different generations. This could be any combination of the following:• parents and children • grandparents and grandchildren • siblings• elementary students and high school students• high school students and university students• any generation working with ANY other generation * a generation is defined as anyone who is a different age than you.
• Intergenerational art collaborations can take any of the following forms:
– two or more people of different generations working on a single piece of artwork
– two or more people having different roles in the making of a single piece of artwork - for example: one person models, the other draws / paints model; one person tells a story and/or provides some kind of inspiration, the other illustrates it / turns it into art
• Submit a Written Statement: each artwork is to be accompanied with a written statement, no longer than 1/2 page in length.
This statement is to describe the following:
• introduce the artists involved in making the submitted piece (names, ages, etc.)
Exhibition Dates: March 1st to April 1st
ARTWORK DROP OFF DATES: Feb 23 to Feb 25
Submission deadline: Saturday Feb 25 @ 4pm
What to Submit: 2d or 3d works.
2d works: 12” x 12” OR 16” x 16” OR 24” x 24”
3d / SCULPTURES: 12” x 12”x 12” or smaller
* individuals & collaborators may submit more than one work